Why
did I choose to stay in Ashburton in Summer
During
the Summer Season, many people choose to head down to Nelson,
Cromwell to work to make more money by packing fruits. Well to me,
making more money is one thing, but I came to New Zealand to mainly
think about what I want to do with the remaining of my life, to do
what I like, and also to secure a permanent job if any.
Well,
looking at the past week, many people had commented that it is hard
to find a permanent job in new Zealand, as people only offer it to
people with valid work visa, or NZ resident. For backpackers they are
mainly afforded the basic job that nobody want to do.
Thinking
back, the only reason why backpackers are so sought after in new Zealand is that New Zealand did not allow people from the poorer
countries (India) to come to work to do the job that backpackers are
doing (Kiwi plantation, Cleaning accommodation, construction). With
the minimum wage set at such a high percentage, and the beautiful scenery, New Zealand is able to attract foreigners to come to stay in
New Zealand.
Well,
lets hope that by the end of the trip, I will have a clear
understanding of what I want to do with my life and enjoy what I love
to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment